Indian Education & Johnson O'Malley Information
Indian Ed Newsletter April 2021
Links & Resources
IPAC Regular Meeting Notice 03/25/2021
JOM Regular Meeting Notice
Special Meeting: 04/14/2021
Berryhill American Heritage Month Newsletter: Week 1
What started at the turn of the century as an effort to gain a day of recognition for the significant contributions the first Americans made to the establishment and growth of the U.S., has resulted in a whole month being designated for that purpose
Berryhill Public Schools would like to take this opportunity to highlight some of Native American families whose ancestors have made long standing contributions to our Berryhill community.
Please enjoy our Berryhill Native American Heritage Month Newsletter: Week 2, produced by our Indian Education (Title VI and JOM) parent committees!
COVID relief information from Choctaw Nation
COVID VACCINE INFORMATION
The Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Health is now offering vaccines to Natives 16 years and older. We have developed an automated vaccine information line to assist with communicating general vaccine information and availability. If you have Native students (16 years and older) and Native teachers interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, please ask them to contact our vaccine information line.
The vaccine information line can be accessed at: (918)758-3601.
Below is a list of the information line’s menu options.
1. General Vaccine Information
2. Option to leave name/phone number to sign up for the vaccine
1. This option is set up with a mailbox specific to each clinic – Eufaula, Coweta, Okemah, Okmulgee, Sapulpa, Wetumka and it is monitored daily.
2. Those interested in receiving the vaccine should choose the clinic closest to them or the clinic offering a vaccination event on a particular date of interes
3. Adverse Reaction Information
1. Option to leave name/phone number to report a perceived adverse reaction as a result of a vaccine MCNDH has administered. This is monitored daily and considered an option.
2. Patients are directed to leave their name, phone number, and location where they received the vaccine.
4. MCNDH’s Vaccine Priority Tiers – general information on how we plan to work through the priority tiers and offer vaccine.
Consent forms and registration information can be found at https://www.creekhealth.org/covid/covid-vaccinations/vaccine-registration-packet/.
Dates for upcoming vaccine events can be found on our COVID-19 page at http://www.creekhealth.org/covid/.
Juniors & Seniors:
We encourage you to explore additional scholarship resources available at https://collegefund.org/student-resources/additional-scholarships/ and to sign up for the Monthly Scholarship Update which provides new scholarship opportunities every month at https://bit.ly/2GUOdjG
Indian Education Grant/Scholarship Resources
Title VI 506 Indian Student Eligibility Form: click here
Title VI Indian Education Parent Advisory Committee By-laws: click here
Berryhill Indian Education Program goals and information: click here
Please contact Mrs. West concerning the tutoring schedule.
UPDATE: Tutoring will be available virtually while students are on Distance Learning. Students need to email Mrs. Isaac at email@example.com to receive a GoogleMeet link for the times that work with their schedules. Tutoring will return to in-person when we return in-person.
2020-2021 Indian Education Tutoring Information
Tribal Links: Online Information
In the NEWS: RSU to broadast Cherokee language course for beginners
Muscogee (Creek) Nation Department of Education and Training’s Newsletter: February 2020