Student Transfer Information
Thank you for visiting our website to learn about our Student Transfers Policy. We appreciate your interest in Berryhill Public Schools where we have great students, great staff, and great expectations. We do our best to welcome additional students to our district whenever possible.
Berryhill makes decisions about student transfers in accordance with district policy and state law. You can download our comprehensive district policy below; however, we are providing the following information for your convenience:
- The state Department of Education requires that the form below must be completed to apply for a transfer. Parents who need access to technology to complete the form can visit our administration office at:
2900 ½ S. 65th W. Ave.
Tulsa, OK 74107
- Decisions about transfers for the 2022-2023 school year will be made after July 1, 2022. Parents will be contacted about the approval status of their child’s transfer.
- Mid-year / Current-year transfer requests will begin being processed within 5 days of the district receiving the application, including all corresponding documentation. Those transfer decisions will be communicated within 30 days of the district receiving the application.
- New transfers are accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis. Students who currently attend the district on a transfer will be automatically accepted pending approval from the district. The law also gives preference to children of active-duty military personnel, school faculty, siblings of current students, and students who have been residents of Berryhill Public Schools for 3 years prior to leaving the district.
- In order for a transfer to be accepted, current grade enrollment (in the grade the transfer is requesting) must be below the established grade level capacity. The district’s established capacities and vacancies for each grade and school can be found below.
- Transfers may be denied based on site, grade, or program capacity, attendance, and/or discipline.
- Transfers for siblings of students already accepted may be given preference if capacity allows.
- Transfer students must abide by eligibility requirements established by the Oklahoma Secondary Schools Activities Association (OSSAA) for OSSAA-sanctioned activities.
- Transfer decisions may be appealed to the local school board, by the parent or legal guardian, within 10 days of the notification of denial.
During the appeal, the board will review the action of the administration to make sure that the district policy was followed with regard to the denial of the transfer. If the board of education votes to uphold the denial of the transfer, the parent or legal guardian may appeal the denial within ten (10) days of the notification of the appeal denial to the State Board of Education. The parent or legal guardian shall submit to the State Board of Education and to the superintendent of the district, a notice of appeal on the form prescribed by the State Board of Education.
- If you have any questions about the transfer process, please contact Courtney McClendon at 918-445-6007.
Transfer Application for Current (2022-2023) School Year
Grade Level Capacity & Current Enrollment Information